Whilst the flight time on all Solomon Airlines sectors are less than 4 hours, we would like to make sure you arrive at your destination refreshed.
During your flight please ensure that your seat belt is fastened anytime that the seatbelt sign is illuminated and whenever you are in your seat, just in case we do come across any unexpected turbulence. If you do wish to have a stretch or go for a walk around the cabin, please ensure that the seat belt sign is off, and check with our friendly Cabin Crew that it is safe to do so.
Below are some tips that you may like to follow when you fly with us.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do not drink excessive amounts of tea, coffee or alcohol as these beverages are diuretics and increase dehydration.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing during the flight.
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
DVT is blood clotting in a major vein, most commonly in the legs or lower body, where blood flow has been slowed. Medical practitioners advise that certain people may be more susceptible to developing DVT. These include people who are immobile for periods of time, those with a personal or family history of DVT, people with certain blood disorders or who have recently undergone major surgery, smokers, and people with heart disease, pregnant women and the elderly.
We also suggest you:
- Take regular walks around the aircraft when the seat belt sign is off, stretch, move your arms and legs at regular intervals.
- Avoid crossing your legs when seated.
- Massage your calves and thighs and regularly move your ankles by circling and gently shaking your feet.
- If you experience abnormal swelling, tenderness or pain after your flight, we strongly recommend you see your doctor.