At Solomon Airlines, our company is growing and changing. We are embracing new ways to work and developing a Customer Care culture.
We pride ourselves on recruiting the right team members for the right job. The airline industry is a challenging one but it's also very rewarding. Every team member needs to play their part to ensure the continued success of our airline and to provide the absolute best service to our customers.
To be successful at Solomon Airlines, you will also need to be a customer focussed person who is reliable, loves to learn and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. You will also need a positive team spirit and a willingness to do more with less. You must also love change and be a great communicator.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Solomon Airlines, the National Carrier of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit an exceptional, performance driven Financial Controller to oversee the Finance Department.
Based in Honiara and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller is a critical member of the Management Team and provides the overall operational leadership of the Finance Department to ensure that it contributes effectively to achieve the organisational goals and objectives by ensuring prudential financial management systems, internal controls and processes are applied and to facilitate sound business decisions by providing expert financial advice and information to Executive Management and the Board.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in Formulating business and financial strategies, key performance expectations, financial business plans and monitoring systems to ensure they are effective and meet Company objectives.
- Carry out financial analysis and provide information on expenses and revenue trends to Management with appropriate recommended action for each business unit.
- Identify and develop financial risk management strategies to safeguard the financial interests of the organisation.
- Provide financial advice to the Executive Management and the Board, review business investment portfolios and develop strategies to ensure profitability, growth and effective financial resource management.
- Negotiate with both international and local financial institutions to secure financial resources.
- Create a culture of high performance and continuous improvement within the finance department to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Create organisational change and operational excellence through effective benchmarking and performance management strategies.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum qualification Bachelor in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline.
- Have at least 7 years’ experience in Financial Management/Planning role with a minimum of 5 years in Senior Financial position and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Corporate financial accounting experience must have well developed understanding of financial management processes and expectations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good reasoning ability and able to task/multi-skill under extreme pressure.
- Team player.
- Aviation financial experience would be an advantage.
Remuneration and other terms and conditions of employment will be discussed at interview. Interested persons should forward an expression of interest in writing, together with details of qualifications and Curriculum Vitae which address the job requirements and the names of at least 3 referees emailed or addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
Solomon Airlines Ltd
P O Box 23
E-mail - [email protected]
Applications close at 4:30 pm on 29 October, 2021.