The Financial Controller is a key member of the Management Team and provides the overall leadership of the Finance Department to ensure that it contributes effectively to achieve the organisational goals and objectives by ensuring prudential financial management systems and processes are applied and to facilitate sound business decisions by providing timely, relevant and accurate financial advice and information to Executive Management and the Board.
• Formulate business and financial strategies, key performance expectations, financial business plans and monitoring systems to ensure they are effective in meeting Company objectives.
• Carry out financial analysis and provide information to Management with appropriate recommended action for each business unit.
• Identify and develop financial risk management strategies to safeguard the financial interests of the organisation.
• Provide financial advice to the Executive Management and the Board on all facets of the business, and assist management to develop strategies to ensure profitability, growth and effective financial resource management.
• Negotiate with both international and local financial institutions to secure financial resources.
• Contribute in all contract negotiations to advise management of the financial implications.
• Create a culture of high performance and continuous improvement within the Finance Department.
• Create organisational change and operational excellence through effective benchmarking and performance management strategies.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
• Formal Accounting qualifications, with membership to a recognised accounting society.
• Have at least 7 years post graduate experience with a minimum of 5 years in Senior Financial positions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good reasoning ability and able to task/multi-skill under extreme pressure.
• Ability to motivate Finance staff to achieve goals.
• Ability to work with senior management as a Team player.
• Willingness to work long hours to ensure job goals are met.
• Aviation financial experience an advantage.
• Experience in working and living in the South Pacific region an advantage.