Australia and Solomon Islands Travel Advice
The information on this page is a guide only and subject to change as regulations and restrictions change.
Passengers can book tickets through our Honiara Travel Centre via phone (+677) 20152 or email [email protected], or through our Australia Reservations via phone (+61) 07 38605883 or email [email protected].
Passengers holding valid unused Solomon Airlines tickets can use these as credit towards available flights and any fare or tax difference will need to be paid. Countries have strict entry and quarantine requirements in place for all travellers. Guests are requested to ensure they understand and comply with these. Some requirements are listed below, however, it remains the responsibility of travellers to ensure they satisfy all requirements of the destination country. View our latest schedule overviews here.
Advice for travel to the Solomon Islands
Passport Validity Requirements
For foreign nationals, your passport must have at least 6 months of validity beyond your intended stay.
COVID-19 PCR Testing and Vaccination Requirements
Solomon Islands Entry Requirements
If passengers are foreign nationals they will need to provide:
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate (this must show completion of a primary series, 2 doses of a 2-dose vaccine or a single dose of the Janssen or Johnson & Johnson vaccine, taken at least one month prior to travel to Solomon Islands). Foreign nationals 12 years and older must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- If children under 12 are not vaccinated, then a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival is required
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
If passengers are first time visitors or business travellers please also note:
- Check Visa requirements depending on your country
- Apply for Visitor or Business Visa (if applicable)
If passengers are permanent residents or permit holders they will need to provide:
- Copy of valid permit (if applicable)
- Letter from employer confirming employment (if applicable)
If passengers are Solomon Islands citizens they will need to provide:
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate (this must show completion of a primary series, 2 doses of a 2-dose vaccine or a single dose of the Janssen or Johnson & Johnson vaccine, taken at least one month prior to travel to Solomon Islands) OR negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours prior to of arrival into Honiara
If passengers are international only direct transit and not changing aircraft or leaving the airside area then COVID-19 vaccination is not required.
- Note passengers must not clear immigration and passengers must be directed to the international waiting area on arrival
Day of Departure Conditions
All of these requirements are mandatory and the passenger's responsibility in order to be able to board an international flight to the Solomon Islands.
If any of these requirements are not completed, then boarding will be denied and no-show conditions will apply.
Advice for travel to Australia
All valid visa holders will be permitted to enter Australia. No COVID-19 testing is required prior to departure.
Proof of vaccination
The certificates issued by the Solomon Islands to show vaccinations do not have sufficient information for proof if required for international travel, where proof of vaccination is required.
You must get a Yellow Health Vaccination Booklet for travel from the Emergency Operations Centre at the Ministry of Health compound opposite the National Referral Hospital – phone 25256. You will need to show them your Solomon Islands Government-issued vaccination card and passport and they will transfer the information to the WHO-issued booklet.
The Department of Home Affairs website sets out information on transiting Australia, including on transit visas, irrespective of how long your transit is.
You are able to transit through Australia if transiting for 8 hours or less and you have evidence of onward international travel and if a visa is not required (please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website). If your transit is 8-72 hours you will need to request a 771 transit visa.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations or Sales Offices.