Solomon Airlines to expand domestic operations with return of Dash-8
Posted on August 29, 2022 at 10:30 AM in Schedule Updates
- View our up-to-date schedule for specific routes and dates here
- View our latest schedule for travel from 1 October 2022 here
- View our current schedule for travel until 30 September here, actual dates may vary
Solomon Airlines will ramp up domestic operations across Solomon Islands from October following the return of the airline’s Dash-8 aircraft next month.
The 36-seat Dash-8, Solomon Airlines’ largest domestic aircraft, has been offshore for an annual scheduled heavy maintenance check.
Following crew refresher training, and reinduction requirements, the aircraft will re-join the fleet from Monday 3 October to operate between Honiara and Munda, Gizo, Auki, and Kirakira, with additional destinations to be considered.
“The re-introduction of the Dash-8 will allow us to increase capacity significantly to Munda and Gizo, and to improve the efficiency of our operation,” said Solomon Airlines CEO Mr. Gus Kraus.
“Under our new schedule from October, we have ensured that connectivity between our international and domestic flights is as seamless as it can be, especially for key tourism destinations Seghe, Munda, Gizo, Suavanao, and Marau,” Mr. Kraus added.
“This will also improve access for inbound tourists travelling via our Brisbane and Nadi hubs,” he said.
“As we rebuild our operations, we will continue to monitor demand and assess our fleet to ensure that we manage costs and meet future demand as is appropriate,” he said.
The reintroduction of the Dash-8 aircraft has allowed Solomon Airlines to build an expanded domestic schedule, so existing passengers can expect some variations to upcoming flights, including:
- Dash-8 aircraft will operate the majority of Honiara to Munda and Gizo services six days weekly
- Auki flights to operate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (Monday & Wednesday by Dash-8)
- Kirakira flights to operate Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Tuesday & Friday by Dash-8)
- Santa Ana flights will operate on Monday, instead of Tuesday under the previous schedule
- Seghe flights will operate on Monday and Friday
- Kagau flights will operate on Tuesday and Friday
- Atoifi flights will operate on Tuesday, instead of Wednesday under the previous schedule
- Ballalae flights will operate on Wednesday, instead of Tuesday under the previous schedule
- Parasi flights will operate on Thursday, instead of Friday under the previous schedule
- Manaoba flights will operate on Friday, instead of Monday under the previous schedule
- Flights to Fera and Suavanao will operate as separate direct services every Friday, instead of
- a combined service under the previous schedule
Other Solomon Airlines services may be affected by time changes under the new schedule. The airline will endeavour to contact all passengers on services with adjusted departure times.
Updated schedules are available on the Solomon Airlines website Travel Advice page or search here
For more information, visit www.flysolomons.com or contact Solomon Airlines Reservations teams in Honiara on 177 (local call) or by emailing [email protected] or in Brisbane on (+61) 07 38605883 or by emailing [email protected]
Related News Items
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox