Solomon Airlines announces major schedule expansion to support Solomon Islands tourism recovery
Posted on July 29, 2022 at 08:00 AM in General News
- View our up-to-date schedule for specific routes and dates here
- View our latest schedule for travel from 1 October 2022 here
Following the reopening of Solomon Islands' international border, Solomon Airlines has announced a major schedule expansion effective from October 2022. The expanded schedule across international and domestic operations includes more international flights, and streamlined connections between international gateways and popular tourism destinations.
“The time is right to reintroduce greater inbound capacity and to ensure we are making it as easy as possible for visitors to fly to Solomon Islands and to transfer to and from our major tourism centres without overnighting in Honiara,” said Solomon Airlines CEO Brett Gebers.
Effective from 3 October 2022, international flights between Brisbane and Honiara will increase from twice-weekly services to 4 x flights weekly in both directions.
Flight IE701 from Brisbane to Honiara will operate on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday departing Brisbane at 9:00am, and arriving in Honiara at 1:20pm. Flight IE700 from Honiara to Brisbane will operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday departing Honiara at 2:20pm, and arriving in Brisbane 4:30pm.
Solomon Airlines flights between Honiara, Nadi, and Port Vila will continue to operate on Tuesdays, with the return service to Honiara operating on Wednesdays.
Services between Honiara and Tarawa will operate on Saturdays, returning on Sundays via Honiara.
Under the airline’s new schedule, flight and connection times have been designed to streamline travel between Brisbane and major tourism destinations like Gizo, Munda, Seghe, Suavanao, and Marau.
The airline will resume scheduled flights between Honiara and Marau Airport as part of this schedule, with an agreement between the local landowners expected to be formalised in the near future.
Easy same-day connections will be possible in both directions, including:
- Munda and Gizo inbound Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and outbound Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Marau and Suavanao inbound Tuesday and Friday, and outbound Monday and Friday
- Seghe inbound Tuesday and Friday, and outbound Wednesday and Friday
Flight frequency will also increase on other domestic routes including between:
- Between Honiara and Choiseul Bay on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 1 August
- Between Honiara and Rennell on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 1 August
- Between Honiara and Bellona on Monday, Thursday and Saturday from 1 August
- Between Honiara and Santa Cruz on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 1 October
To check schedules for upcoming travel, click here. Book flights online, or through the airline’s Reservations and Sales Offices.
Related News Items
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox