Solomon Airlines adjusts domestic schedule to better meet demand
Posted on July 29, 2020 at 05:00 PM in Schedule Updates
Solomon Airlines has announced changes to the airline’s domestic flight schedule to support the company’s expanding Helpful Holidays domestic holiday initiative and to provide better frequency to meet passenger connectivity and cargo demand.
The new schedule effective from Monday 10 August, 2020 includes a series of changes to departure times and days of operation to enable improved both-way connections in Gizo for Choiseul Bay, improved service to Santa Cruz, an additional weekly service to Rennell and more convenient long weekend flights serving Suavanao and Seghe.
Under the revised schedule, Solomon Airlines will continue flights to all 23 domestic destinations in the airline’s network.
Significant changes will include:
- Gizo – daily services from Honiara direct or via Munda with updated timings on Mondays and Thursdays to allow Solomon Airlines Dash-8 operated services flights IE800-IE801 to connect each-way with Choiseul Bay flights IE356-IE357
- Lomlom - Solomon Airlines Thursday service from Honiara to Lomlom will move to operate on Wednesdays operating as flights IE394-IE395
- Arona - Solomon Airlines Arona to Kirakira service will move from Wednesday to Thursdays operating as flight IE386
- Santa Cruz – will gain a second weekly Dash-8 service to operate on Thursdays
- Rennell - a direct return service will be added from Honiara to Rennell on Fridays as flights IE324-IE325, to cater for increased cargo and passenger demand.
To further support the airline’s “Helpful Holidays” discounted holiday programme, which is popular for long weekend escapes, adjustments will be made to flights serving Suavanao and Seghe:
- Suavanao - on Mondays and Fridays new direct return services will operate between Honiara to Suavanao as flights IE348-IE349
- Seghe – on Fridays flight IE346 from Honiara to Seghe will now depart at 12:30pm providing a later departure time designed to be more convenient for working people. On Mondays, new services IE340 and IE341 will be introduced to allow for convenient direct return to Honiara.
“Our Helpful Holidays Initiative was created to help drive the weekender market to five domestic destinations needing support following our international border closures. Currently, the programme includes Gizo, Munda, Seghe, Suavanao and Marau,” said Solomon Airlines Commercial Manager Colin Sigimanu.
“It is encouraging that our efforts in collaboration with tourism operator partners have created greater demand, particularly for Fridays outbound from Honiara and on Mondays returning to Honiara. As a result, we are pleased to introduce new services to Seghe and Suavanao, alongside existing services to other destinations, to support this initiative,” he added.
Related News Items
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox