Solomon Airlines confirms further repatriation flights
Posted on June 17, 2020 at 05:00 PM in Schedule Updates
- Tuesday 30 June Brisbane to Honiara
- Wednesday 1 July Honiara-Vila-Nadi-Honiara-Brisbane
With the approval of the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, and Fiji Governments, Solomon Airlines will operate a further series of repatriation flights on 1 July, linking Vanuatu, Fiji, and Australia with the Solomon Islands.
The flights are open to eligible travellers only including:
- Solomon Islands citizens residing overseas who wish to return to the Solomon Islands
- Foreign nationals residing in the Solomon Islands who wish to return to their home countries
- Foreign passport holders who have the approval to enter the Solomon Islands in transit to Australia
- Solomon Islands citizens are able to travel assuming they meet all foreign requirements
- Non-Solomon Islands citizens will be able to travel providing they have formal approval granted by the Solomon Islands Prime Minister’s Office.
On Tuesday 30 June, Solomon Airlines Flight IE676 will depart Brisbane at 1.30pm, to land in Honiara at 5.45pm.
On Wednesday 1 July Solomon Airlines Flight IE677 will depart Honiara at 9.00am arriving in Port Vila at 11.00am. The flight will re-depart Port Vila at 11.45am to arrive in Nadi at 2.15pm. Solomon Airlines Flight IE678 will then depart Nadi at 3.15pm arriving Honiara at 5.15pm. Flight IE679 will depart Honiara at 6.15pm arriving in Brisbane at 7.30pm.
The 1 July flights are available for bookings online or via Solomon Airlines Reservations Team on 177 (Honiara), 1300 894311 (Australia), or through Solomon Airlines Sales Offices via phone or email. The airline requests that all interested passengers book as early as possible to allow time for passport checks, required approvals, or exemption applications.
Please note that the 30 June Brisbane to Honiara flight sector has been fully allocated and no available seats remain. Solomon Airlines is considering additional flights on this route in the near future, subject to Solomon Islands Government approval.
Please also note that currently, due to Government restrictions, originating passengers cannot be uplifted from Port Vila to Honiara via Nadi. Uplift on this routing will be reviewed for future flights. Uplift on the Port Vila to Nadi sector for Fiji citizens and residents is still subject to regulatory approval and the airline will provide further updates if travel only on this sector is permitted.
Solomon Airlines advises that all flights will comply with the COVID-19 regulations and requirements of the relevant countries. Solomon Airlines crew wear facemasks and gloves for the duration of service and catering will be minimal to reduce contact between passengers and crew.
FIND OUT MORE
Related News Items
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox