Solomon Airlines expands Helpful Holidays programme
Posted on August 24, 2020 at 03:00 PM in General News
- 15 properties, 5 destinations Seghe, Munda, Marau, Gizo, Suavanao
- Download our latest Helpful Holidays flyer here
Solomon Airlines ‘Helpful Holidays’ domestic tourism initiative is proving popular across the Solomon islands as more people take advantage of the discounted deals to explore old favourite and newer holiday destinations.
‘Helpful Holidays’ offer savings of up to 50% off usual airfare and accommodation rates and the airline has today released details of the next phase of special holiday packages. The 3, 4 and 7-night stays are currently available at 15 participating accommodation properties in five destinations including Seghe, Munda, Marau, Gizo and Suavanao.
The specials are on sale until 30 September 2020 for holiday stays from 14 September to 30 October 2020.
The airline said the response to earlier phases of the holiday initiative has been very positive with interest continuing to grow and Gizo, Suavanao and Marau to date attracting the greatest numbers of visitors.
“We have adjusted some of our flight schedules to make short break and long weekend travel possible for the domestic market,” said Colin Sigimanu Manager Commercial for Solomon Airlines.
“So far 3-night stays have proven to be the most popular packages as people take weekend escapes or visit a destination they have not seen before. We are pleased to see the growth in interest and in sales as time progresses, with bookings across all destinations and most accommodation providers.
“The “Helpful Holidays” initiative is a campaign to benefit both Solomon Islands people who have been unable to travel overseas for many months and to help the ground operators survive the interim period until the international borders are re-opened,” Mr Sigimanu added.
“Many of our tourism operators are at a critical juncture and the future of our airline and our destination is very much dependent on the ground infrastructure surviving the current challenges,” he said.
Examples of ‘Helpful Holiday’ packages from Honiara include:
Marovo Sea Lodge
- 3 nights from SBD$2950* per adult twin share
- Return airfares from Honiara to Seghe
- Bungalow accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Activities including kayaks, village tour, bird watching, nature treks
- Additional SBD$400 total for return Seghe Airport transfers
Agnes Gateway Hotel
3 nights from SBD$2864* per adult twin share
- Return airfares from Honiara to Munda
- Accommodation with light breakfast daily
- One bonus Sunset Cruise on the lagoon
- Dive Munda on-site with specials including:
- Guided Snorkel SBD$340
- Introductory Scuba SBD$600
- Guided 2 tank Dive SBD$1040
Tavanipupu Island Resort
3 nights from SBD$3256* per adult twin share
- Return airfares from Honiara to Marau
- Family Bungalow accommodation
- Welcome tropical drinks on arrival
- Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Free use of SUP’s, kayaks and snorkelling gear
- Return Marau airport transfers
3 nights from SBD$4120 per adult twin share
- Return airfares from Honiara to Gizo
- Couples Bungalow accommodation
- Welcome tropical drinks on arrival
- Use of SUPs, kayaks and snorkelling gear
- One bonus SBD500 Resort Credit to use on tours & activities
- Return Gizo airstrip transfers
Papatura Island Retreat
3 nights from SBD$5146* per adult twin share
- Return airfares from Honiara to Suavanao
- Rainforest Lodge accommodation (free room upgrade subject to availability)
- Full breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- One free Private Jetty Dinner or private island picnic lunch
- One free snorkel trip to the Aquarium and Blue Lagoon
- Use of snorkelling, fishing gear and non-motorised water equipment
- Return Suavanao airport transfers
For more information, download our latest Helpful Holidays packages flyer. For bookings, contact Solomon Airlines Sales Office on Ph: 20152 via email [email protected] or visit us at Point Cruz, Monday to Friday between 8am-4pm.
Related News Items
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox