SIBC examines the future of Solomon Islands aviation and tourism with industry leaders and policymakers
Posted on March 06, 2021 at 12:00 PM in General News
- Live Talk-back Show planned for Sunday 7 March 3.00-4.00pm Honiara time on SIBC
Senior representatives of Solomon Airlines, Tourism Solomons, and the responsible Solomon Islands Government Ministries will join SIBC tomorrow Sunday 7 March, 2021 for a panel discussion examining the future of Solomon Islands aviation and tourism.
The panel will feature six guests including:
- Colin Sigimanu, Commercial Manager, Solomon Airlines
- Moses Virivolomo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Communication and Aviation
- Andrew Nihopara, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Nego Sisiolo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Service
- Bunyan Sivoro, Director of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Fiona Teama, Head of Sales and Marketing, Tourism Solomons
Solomon Islands local and international Aviation and Tourism industries have been heavily impacted as a result of the COVID-19 international border closure.
As a remote nation, the national carrier provides critical air access for cargo and people to, from, and between our islands. For Solomon Islands, the growth of inbound international tourism is important to economic development beyond traditional industries.
This discussion will look at the serious impact of COVID-19 on the Solomon Islands, what has occurred and what is planned to build recovery over time, with all stakeholders working together for the future of the nation.
Listeners can participate in the discussion by texting their questions or comments to 7600000 within Solomon Islands.
Watch the segment live at SIBC News on Facebook
Related News Items
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox