Solomon Airlines the National Carrier of Solomon Islands is expanding again after establishing an Air Bus A320 into the International schedule and will introduce a Dash 8-102 into its domestic service fleet in late 2012. Accordingly, we are seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced person for the position of Maintenance Controller.
The Maintenance Controller position is a Senior Post Holder in the Airline reporting to the Chief Executive regarding matters of airworthiness for Solomon Airlines fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the airworthiness of aircraft operated by Solomon Airlines
• Maintain procedures which reflect current regulatory airworthiness responsibilities
• Maintain a maintenance program for each aircraft operated by the company
• Manage a computerized tracking system for all required maintenance
• Manage maintenance records in accordance with regulatory requirements
• Provide surveillance and oversight for all maintenance providers
• Provide Liaison with Civil Aviation Authority Solomon Islands
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in an applicable discipline acceptable
• DHC-8 or A320 maintenance license and experience an asset
• Minimum 10 Years’ experience in a commercial aviation environment
• Engineering operations and management supervision experience preferred
• Previous expatriate postings preferred.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience on a two year residential contract in Honiara and subject to renewal based on performance. The successful candidate will be expected to commence in January, 2013.
Written applications are required by 15th October 2012 with copies of qualifications and names of three (3) referees and should be directed in the first instance to:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 23
Facsimile: (677) 23992