English Chinese (Simplified) French German Japanese Korean Spanish
Return One Way
Business Class

ONLY AUD currency allowed

Travel Documents


Ensure that you are fully aware of the terms and conditions applying to your ticket. All tickets are issued subject to the conditions of contract and the Terms and Conditions of Carriage.


An e-ticket or electronic ticket is a ticket that is stored electronically rather than being printed on paper. You should carry your e-ticket receipt at all times for both international and domestic flights. Photographic identification must be produced at check in.


All passengers need a passport for international travel, regardless of the destination, valid for the duration of your trip.

When you depart from your country of origin you need to present your passport and boarding pass to immigration and customs.

When you arrive in Solomon islands you need to present your passport and a completed Passenger Card to passport control.

If you have not already applied for your passport, arrange this well in advance of your departure date. Always check that your passport is valid. Many countries require travellers to have at least six months validity remaining on their passports. Immigration authorities may refuse entry if you arrive with less than this.

It is a requirement for the Solomon Islands government that all visitors must have a return ticket

Back to top

Forms of Identification

Domestic Flights within Solomon Islands

If you have an e-ticket or paper ticket, and are travelling domestically within Solomon Islands bring one of the following forms of identification for booking confirmation:

  1. Photo identification such as a driver's licence, passport or social security card; or
  2. Your Flysolomons booking reference (printed on your e-ticket itinerary receipt); or
Photographic Identification

The following are the only acceptable forms of photographic identification all of which must be valid at the time of travel.

  1. National passport; or
  2. A motor vehicle driver's licence ; or
  3. A document that identifies you issued by:
    1. Current employer
    2. Valid student ID card
  1. An aviation security identification card issued by the operator of the aircraft or the operator of an airport.

Children and Infants

Children and infants are subject to the same identification requirements as adults, where they have an approved form of photographic identification. Exceptions from the identification requirements are given for children and infants travelling:

  • with an adult, or
  • as part of an organised group.

For group travel, the adult responsible for and travelling with the group, is to present a letter from the organisation (For example, school or sporting group) that includes the purpose of the trip, name, date of birth and sex of the responsible adult plus the names, dates of birth and sex of each of the children.

  • If the child is travelling with a parent or guardian their name must be recorded on the back of their parent or guardian's boarding pass.
  • If the child is under 12 years of age and is travelling unaccompanied they will be escorted through the airport by airline staff.
  • If the child is between 12 and 18 years of age and is travelling unaccompanied they will be escorted through the airport if they do not carry an accepted form of photographic identification.

To save any confusion or delays at the airport, ensure that you have the appropriate identification for all members of your travelling party.

Back to top


A visa is permission for a non-citizen to travel to a particular country. To find out if you need a visa for travel to a particular country use our Visa and Health search form.

Australian Citizens

If you do need a visa to travel to a particular country, you need to contact the embassy of the country you are visiting. A list of embassies in Australia can be viewed on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website. Alternatively, visit VisaLink to request and process your visa application.*

* VisaLink is operated by Travel Express. Qantas takes no responsibility for lost or misplaced documents that may occur during application. Application and processing fees apply.

Non-Australian Citizens

All non-Australian citizens travelling to Australia require a visa. You can apply for a visa online through the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). The ETA is a visa that is stored electronically, rather than a stamp or label in your passport. It will show up as part of your passport record when Customs officials check your passport details.

If you have already booked your ticket and are departing from an ETA eligible country, you can apply for your ETA online. Be sure to have your passport details ready when applying.

Generally, you can be issued a short term Tourist or Business ETA if:

  • you hold an ETA eligible passport;
  • you will not work in Australia if you hold a Tourist ETA;
  • you will not stay in Australia for more than three months;
  • you are in good health and have no criminal convictions.

If you are unable to apply online you can obtain a visa by visiting an Australian office of the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs, or by visiting an Australian Government office overseas where a standard visa will be issued.

Arrival Documents

For international flights, when required, arrival documents will be handed to you at check in or distributed by cabin crew during the flight. For arrival at an Australian international airport you will receive a Passenger Card that you need to complete ready for presentation with your passport at passport control.

You are here: Home Plan Plan your travel Travel Documents