Global events continue to remind us that aviation security remains a top priority for Solomon Airlines.
Due to increased security screening, check-in procedures and potential traffic delays, we recommend you allow extra time to get to the airport.
During check-in and boarding you may have noticed some additional security measures that include:
- Random explosive trace detection of passengers and their carry-on baggage.
- All knives, sharp objects or cutting and stabbing implements need to be packed as checked in baggage and not placed on carry-on baggage or on yourself.
- Laptop computers and aerosols are subject to enhanced inspection at screening points.
Solomon Airlines has a strict policy of denying boarding to, or off-loading any passenger that makes inappropriate comments or behaves inappropriately inflight or on the ground. Solomon Airlines will not accept any inappropriate comments as “jokes”.
Solomon Airlines will also seek to recover all costs incurred as a result of inflight incidents, including diversions, from those involved.
Checked baggage should only consist of personal effects, clothing, shoes, books etc.
Any machinery such as generators, chainsaws and spare parts should all be consigned to cargo and these items will not be accepted at check-in.
Be sure to label checked baggage inside and out, with your name, address and contact number for your destination. Labels can be obtained from Solomon Airlines or at check-in. Ensure that all old destination stickers and tags are removed from all baggage.
Carry-on baggage restrictions
Solomon Airlines passengers are subject to enhanced security screening measures when passengers travel internationally. This involves limiting the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels that can be taken through the security screening point by passengers.
We recommend that you pack liquid, aerosols and gels exceeding 100ml/3.3oz in your checked baggage wherever possible.
- All liquids, aerosols and gels must be carried in containers of no greater than 100ml/3.3oz capacity (approx 100gm in weight).
- All containers must fit in a transparent, resealable plastic bag no greater that 1 litre in capacity with a total outer edge measurement of the sealed section of the bag no greater that 80cm.
- There is a limit of one plastic bag per passenger.
- The plastic bag must be removed from carry-on baggage and presented to security personnel at the checkpoint for inspection and separate x-ray screening.
- Containers larger that 100ml/3.3oz will not be accepted, even if only partially filled.